Here are some writing tips I thought of just spur of the moment! I thought I would share them with you guys.
1. It's a great idea to work on stories and novels, but that takes a while. If you're looking for something quick and good that will get your creative juices flowing, try a poem, a limerick, or a quick paragraph that you can store as a novel idea. Or go Ernest Hemmingway style and try to write a story under ten words.
2. If you're writing about weather, try to write about it when the same weather is happening right outside your door. If you can, write outside, or step outside for a few minutes to take notes on the weather, the sounds, the smells, and how it makes you feel. (Note: Not recommended for extreme weather conditions.)
3. Feeling stuck? Ignore your electronic writing devices for three days. Then, on the fourth day, grab a pencil, a marker, a crayon, or a lump of charcoal. Even better, your keyboard. Write as much as you can in an hour.
4. The internet has some amazing story ideas it does not mind you using. It also has a variety of interesting pictures that can pique your creativity.
5. People watch. The girl behind the counter handing your take out order without a smile, what's her story? The old man with the old timey clothes walking down your street?
6. Change up the tense of your story, What works best for you? First person present tense? Third person past tense? Heck, try second. Anything to improve your story is worth a shot.
7. Don't write until you get that tug that a new idea gives you.
8. Get creative. Ask your friend a wacky question, smile at your enemy to see how he/she responds, anything that piques your inner writing superstar.
9. Try to write fanfiction. It's really fun!
10. Unless you like to, don't be too open about your ideas. Sometimes it's nice to keep them as secrets. I've noticed that after I've told someone about my new idea and they question it, it rubs the shine off. Like using a shiny penny.
Anyway, what did you think? Also, if you have any other tips, I'd love to hear about them! Tell me what in the comments!