- You've come a long way. You've overcome a whole lot of battles that maybe one or two people in your life actually know about. You've spent hours of your life looking in the mirror trying to accept the way you look, you've set your jaw looking at a math test you came a long way just to prepare for, and you're ready to ace it. You've come to terms and accepted yourself for your sexuality, your gender, your race or nationality. You used to have trouble embracing your culture but now you take pride and joy in it. You completed Nanowrimo. You used to be afraid to speak up while working on group projects, but now you speak your opinion with confidence and even throw in a smile. You have fought and struggled for the right to be yourself in front of others, but also for the right to be yourself, for yourself. And your scars are simply a reminder of how far you've come. Show them off with pride because you deserve that recognition.
- You are so unique. You wear the clothes you love, that you feel comfortable in. You enjoy things other people might find completely out of the ordinary, whether that be a certain sport or musical outlet, or knitting warm woolly hats. You have an eclectic taste in music that includes Bon Jovi's greatest hits as well as some classical piano. You come up with great puns, or are ten times quicker to get any literary joke than anyone else. You know the Matilda the Musical soundtrack by heart (guilty, I am listening to it by heart) but you can't sing for your life. You are completely original and unapologetically you, and because of it you are so beautiful.
- You have an idea, you're just not sure how to bring it out to the world yet. Or you're working on an idea that will be sure to change the world, and it is/will be so inspiring that bubbles of inspiration are already starting to float out of your mouth and ears. And the bubbles of inspiration smell like vanilla, and because they smell good, YOU smell good too, which is another reason why you're awesome! You WILL change the world for a lot of people, or maybe it will just be for a few. But your impact will matter, and it will be so worth everything you put into it.
- You're hella bleeping talented. Like, hella. You can write circles around your friends, or maybe bust out melodies that no one else can. Your pumpkin cupcakes are to die for (shoutout to Noor I'm lookin at you), and you can run fastest on your team. Maybe you aren't the best at something that first pops into someone's head, like singing or dancing. Maybe you have an incredible gift for knowing exactly what to say when people need to hear it, or you're just really good at knitting warm woolly hats (this is the second time I've brought up warm woolly hats- can someone knit me one? like a soft one? please? jkjk). Maybe you haven't even discovered your talent yet, but one day, you will, and when you do, watch out world. God bless.
- You have people you'd die for, and people out there would die for you. You love people. Your family, some of your best friends. The people that have changed your life for the better. I've realized that when people are on my list, I am happier, because I am so full of love that I've stopped counting the ways I have to express it. You may not even have met the people you'd take a bullet for, but you just know, some people are worth saving just as you are. You love them and they love you. Hugs for everyone.
- You're adorable. You dance in the rain, and you laugh out loud when you're not supposed to. You sing horribly, and you have weird quirks that no one really understands but everyone finds adorable. The way your eyes light up while talking about a certain topic that inspires or excites you also lights up the room.
7. You've realized that you are worth it. It may have taken you a forever and a half to realize that you mean something to this world. Years and years of fighting against your instinct to resent yourself and others, before actually seeing for yourself how truly wonderful, awe-inspiring you actually are. You shine and bask in this newfound glory, this self-acceptance, this confidence that radiates from your entire being. You are worth taking that extra step, you are worth taking care of yourself and loving yourself and admitting that you're actually really awesome. And that just makes you even more awesome. So you go, queen.
This is my love song to the world.